BTU Research Center focuses on research in the fields of the digital economy, digital entrepreneurship, and digital technologies.
Students, graduates, and academic personnel can participate in ongoing research projects, independently choose the research of their interest, engage in planning, implementation, and analysis of results, and deepen their knowledge and research skills.
Research Center aims:
- Promoting BTU cooperation and integration into the International Space in scientific-research direction;
- Implementation of fundamental and/or Applied Research, generation and dissemination of new knowledge;
- Conducting BTU scientific-research activities effectively, promoting the use of scientific research results and modern knowledge in the educational process;
- Preparation of young generation of scientists and researchers, promotion of the development of scientific-research potential of BTU staff and students;
- Consolidation of the capacities of the center and its partners, commercialization of scientific-research achievements of the center and its partners;
- Providing scientific and consulting assistance to the Georgian economic sector as needed.
Activities of the research center
International research activities, scientific panel discussions, research presentations, scientific and consulting assistance to scientists, initiation, and implementation of new research around priority scientific directions, trainings for academic personnel, scientific prize, student scientific research, etc.
By the initiative of the Business and Technology University (BTU) Research Center, an annual competition is held for academic personnel of the University to popularize scientific research and science in order to reveal the laureates of the scientific prize. The specially designed group of scientists and international experts represents the world’s leading research centers and institutions.
BTU Research Center actively cooperates with leading universities worldwide, including France, Turkey, Indonesia, Germany, China, Portugal, USA, Israel, Spain, Serbia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Poland, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, and others.
International research projects
Researches prepared within the framework of projects funded by local and international donor organizations:
- Study of teaching methodology and curriculum in relation to Industry 4.0
- Literature Study – Industry 4.0
- Startup status and legal regulation of startup ecosystem in Georgia
- Capital market formation in Georgia and the possibilities of integration of the Georgian economy into the world financial markets
- The creative industry needs assessment in Georgia
- Access to finance for startups
Transfer of technologies
The introduction of technologies at the University of Business and Technology is implemented within the framework of the initiative of the US embassy-the “University capacity building program” (UCBP).
The introduction of the technology transfer process in BTU serves the transformation of scientific research, sharing international experience and introduction into practice for further commercialization of research.
Local sources of research funding
International sources of research funding
- Horizont 2020
- Funding and Tenders Portal
- Marie Sklodowska Curie Fellowships
- European Research Council (ERC)
- Societal Challenges
- Industrial Leadership
- Carnegie Fellowship | NCEEER
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program (outgoing scholars)
- Fulbright Senior Specialists Program (incoming scholars)
- International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP)
- Open Society Foundations
- European Union’s Seventh Framework Program (FP7)
- British Council
- Funding Opportunities for Scholars – DAAD Fellowships
- Visegrad Scholarship Program (VSP)
- Swedish Institute scholars
- Application Form
- Agreement on implementing the project, event, paper
- Project, event, paper implementation report
Please send completed forms on email – firstname.lastname@example.org