Business and Technology University announces a competition for the library staff (Librarian Assistant) Job
Position: librarian assistant
rate: Monday to Friday 17: 00-20: 00 pm, Saturday from 09: 00-17: 00 am to
report to: Library Service head
start Date: March 2020
- Informing the readers about the rules of using the library and opening the reader card;
- Issuing literature on demand from the reading room, checking the returned book and placing it in the repository;
- Reflect the media entered in the library in the library search engine;
- Processing, cataloging, classifying, registering and storing literature in the library fund;
- Funds control, damaged textbooks, audio-video, illustration materials, etc. Withdrawal from funds (according to the relevant rule);
- Study of the opinion of the interested parties in accordance with the scope of competence of the Service and initial processing of the data;
- Study the requirements of the reader and develop recommendations based on their suggestions to increase the efficiency of the library.
The library staff should know:
- BTU mission, priorities, structure, bylaws, code of conduct and other applicable rules;
- Procedures and rules for using the library;
- Service and own functions, system of subordination / accountability;
- Rules for conducting library activities, creating catalogs, registering and storing the literary fund Forming and producing a book fund in accordance with the library rules (keeping in the inventory book; compiling an electronic catalog, producing a catalog and systematic updating; librarianship of books)
- Provide students and staff with information about library resources and services (e.g., orientation meetings, consultations, etc.), help with literature and other resources, including from external sources (other libraries) ;
- library resources found and development for the Company is required to identify resources ;
- Monitoring and arranging library spaces (library staff workspace, bookcase, reading room, library staff workspace, meeting and group work space ) and library information-technological equipment;
- Provide access to the literature used in the university teaching process in the library .
- Other duties at the request of the Head of the Library Service.
- high education;
- At least 1 year of experience working in the library field ;
- English language proficiency (B2 level) ;
- Experience working with electronic science databases;
- Knowledge of office computer programs is required .
- Organization and punctuality;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment;
- Sociability and courtesy;
- Ability to work in a team;
If you are interested, please send your CV to the following e-mail: E-mail: [email protected] and indicate the title of the position in the title.
The application deadline is February 15, 2020