The interactive public platform for doctoral students will bring together scientists, researchers, experts from various industries, representatives of state and international organizations, and through it, in an informal environment, scientific discussion of doctoral students, review of research, initiation of new collaborative projects, etc. will be held periodically.
BTU’s scientific cafe for PhD students is already being searched on the international platform sciencecafes.org, where the world’s best practices are shared.
The purpose of the cafe is:
- To promote scientific communication between doctoral students and the community;
- Promote interdisciplinary conversations – discussions that transcend academic boundaries and encourage collaboration between doctoral students from different fields and industries;
- Knowledge exchange – to create a platform where PhD students can share their research, knowledge and experience with colleagues, students and the community;
- Encouraging interdisciplinary dialogue – promoting collaboration by discussing topics that are relevant and aligned with the research priorities of the University of Business and Technology;
- Promotion of professional development – to offer doctoral students the opportunity to improve their presentation and communication skills.
Scientific cafe for doctoral students will hold its first event on November 10, the International Day of Science.
Agenda of the event:
- Welcome speech
- Short presentation of the research topic of doctoral students (3-5 minutes);
- Question and answer (15 minutes);
- Coffee break;
- Thematic discussion – 5 minutes for 3 parallel groups to initiate a joint research and/or institutional development project as a group;
- Presenting the initiated projects to the BTU administrative team;
- Closure and networking.