The Development Office of Business and
Technology University aims to facilitate cooperation and
international integration in the priority fields of the University:
business, technology, and digital economy; assist staff, students
and alumni in developing their potential, and through implementing
innovative projects generate and spread new knowledge.
The important mission of the Development Office is to closely work with donor organizations and obtain grant funding in order to implement projects that promote the growth of the University and the country’s economy in general, including social and corporate responsibility sharing.
Ongoing Projects of the Development Office
- Business Clinic online consultations within the Entrepreneurship Centre. For more information click here.
- Research project - “Access to Finance for Entrepreneurs in Georgia.”
- Final phase of setting up the Digital School, which will provide video blogs, avatar lectures, e-readers and podcasts on the topics of entrepreneurship, technology, and innovation. For more information click here.
- Session II of the Global Startup Fund - The fund aims to support the formation of the Georgian entrepreneurial ecosystem; discover high-tech, innovatIve startups and promote their commercialization on the international market. For more information click here.
- Dmanisi Project - 3D visualisation of “The Tiger”, refinement of “Zezva and Mzia”. For more information click here.
- English Club, in partnership with the British Council - students are able to join the club for English. The classes initially took place at BTU, but are currently held online in accordance with the recommendations regarding the prevention of Covid-19 spread.
- Math Olympics for entrants - a social project. For more information click here.
- Vani and Sighnaghi digitization projects.
- Tbilisi Entrepreneurship Summit, organized by BTU - the annual entrepreneurship summit will be held in 2020 for the first time. Promoting the development of Georgia's entrepreneurial ecosystem, facilitating access to entrepreneurial finance, engaging foreign partners and funds, attracting investment, conducting large-scale research in the field of entrepreneurship and many other issues are on the agenda of the summit. For more information click here.
Ongoing Grant Projects
- British Council, project Creative Spark in partnership with Henley Business School.
- British Council, project Creative Spark Regional Activities in partnership with Westminster University.
- British Council, English Language Club.
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, Technology Festival.
Completed Projects and Activities
- Winter Bootcamp - held in February 2020. 11 startup teams worked for 3 days on refining their idea and business plan and preparing a 1-minute video pitch to take part in an international competition “Big Idea Challenge” planned within the project.
- Mobile App Hackathon - Digital design teams were instructed to respond to challenges proposed by the company Silknet. The members of the winning teams received cash prizes as well as employment opportunities to implement their proposed ideas/products.
- Regional workshops, a social project - In Rustavi, Kutaisi, Ozurgeti, Telavi, Batumi, and Zugdidi workshops were held for the senior pupils of schools that focused on raising awareness on entrepreneurship.
- MIT Global Startup Lab - ran for 4 weeks in January 2020 at BTU. The project was implemented by 4 mentors invited from MIT and involved 28 students, including 18 students of BTU and 10 students selected from different Universities in Georgia. For more information click here.
- Tbilisi Creative Center - an opportunity for individuals working in creative industries to create startups, seek international partners, improve their Business English skills, take part in workshops held by local and foreign experts, and participate in an international competition to commercialize their startups on the world market. For more information click here.
- Skill Up Workshops - intensive training sessions for students interested in information technology and design.
- Intensive Sessions of the Digital Startup Bootcamp - held on March 28-29. On April 4th the demo day for the remote startups was held. The mentor personally evaluated videos sent by startups, revealed the best video and awarded the winner with 1000 GEL. For more information click here.
- Publishing a newsletter 3 times a year and sending to the BTU students, staff and alumni.
- Sending emails to the students, staff and alumni about new and ongoing projects, opportunities and activities with relevant registration links.
- Posting important information on the BTU website and social media pages.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org